How can we improve ConnectCarolina?

Student: Easier to get to

It would be nice to go to connectcarolina.unc.edu and then sign in and be on the page. It's annoying to have to go to my.unc.edu, sign in, find Connect Carolina in the ever-changing middle menu, and then go there.

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CaitlynCaitlyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max Beckman-HarnedMax Beckman-Harned commented  · 

Michael, I use that link as well. However, it sometimes doesn't work due to what looks like old session cookies floating around (although frankly that happens through the portal as well) and as far as I can tell the ConnectCarolina team doesn't think it's as simple as making a redirect to that address. However, I will ask them again and see.

• PhilPhil commented  · 

Yes, why are all the most important links buried in, or at the end of, a paragraph? I thought that went away in 1996. Can we get a quicklinks menu like sheetal suggests?

• SheetalSheetal commented  · 

This is a major issue for grad students that i hear all the time. Because many of us our employee status, if we click the link in the right menu we get the employee screen and it is hard to find registration. It would be nice not to have to keep figuring out whether to go to the middle or right menu pending what information we need.

Feedback and Knowledge Base