• facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max Beckman-HarnedMax Beckman-Harned commented  · 

Michael,

I completely agree (both with the desire for open-in-tabbable links and that that was Mie's core comment)--we just wanted to insure we had completely understood the suggestion, including any side issues (such as not being able to get back to main pages).

I'm unsure about your assertion, though, that we can register for both Fall and Spring classes simultaneously--as far as I understand it, registration through ConnectCarolina is only allowed through the first couple of weeks of a semester, and registration for the following semester doesn't open until after halfway through the semester, although I agree multiple terms can overlap (one for grades, one for registration, etc.)

It looks like (when I tested the system just now) that even if you have multiple instances of ConnectCarolina open the system doesn't treat them as independent--eg when you do something on one it messes up the other. Was that your experience?

• Michael GordonMichael Gordon commented  · 

I think what Mie wants is this:

When I click with my middle mouse button, it opens in a new tab. But that doesn't work in ConnectCarolina/PeopleSoft. Instead, it spawns a blank window with a Javascript URL. It would be nice if middle-clicking or some other action for "Open Link in New Tab" actually worked.

While you *can* open two different tabs, it doesn't seem to let you have two different enrollment terms (i.e. Fall 2010 and Spring 2011) open simultaneously in the same browser. This would be especially useful during registration periods, since we register for Fall and Spring classes simultaneously.

• Max Beckman-HarnedMax Beckman-Harned commented  · 

Mie,

You can get back to the main page by clicking on the (>>) buttons at the top or bottom of the page (next to the drop-downs containing "Student Center"); that will take you back to the main ConnectCarolina page. I agree navigation could be improved in any case.

(Or am I also not understanding what you're saying?)

Thanks,
        Max

• MieMie commented  · 

Yes, if you try to open up a new tab (let's say clicking on "weekly schedule") you don't actually get the new page but an empty page titled "javascript:...". I suppose you could open up three instances of connectcarolina in different tabs and go to each of these sections, but this is non-intuitive and requires more navigation to the page you want to get to.

This is especially annoying because once I do go to weekly schedule by clicking on the link, I have no clue how to get back to the main page except with the back button, and so I'd like to keep up the main page to be able to easily access all of connectcarolina's features.

• Ben HawksBen Hawks commented  · 

Mie,

Could you elaborate more on this? It is currently possible to open up multiple browser tabs and put all of them at ConnectCarolina; are you interested in the web application itself supporting multiple tabs? (i.e. more than one ConnectCarolina tab in a single browser tab)

• MieMie commented  · 

I have firefox, I like tabs, especially when I'm searching for classes and trying to figure out whether they conflict or not!

Feedback and Knowledge Base